Don’t hire a custom home builder or any general contractor without knowing the answers to these questions!
- How long have you been in the home building, construction industry?
- Are you licensed and insured?
- Can you provide references from previous and recent clients?
- How do you typically communicate with clients during a construction project?
- Can you provide a detailed estimate for my construction project?
- How do you manage changes to the project scope or budget?
- Can you provide an accurate timeline for the project?
- How do you handle delays, surprises, or unexpected challenges during a project?
- Can you provide a list of reliable subcontractors and suppliers you work with?
- How do you handle issues or concerns raised by clients during a building project?
- What is your approach to keeping tabs on quality control during a project?
- What is your experience building custom homes like the one we’re considering?
- Can you provide a portfolio of your previous work?
- Do you offer any warranties or guarantees for your work? How long are they good for?
- Can you provide a written contract for the project?
- Who specifically would we be working with on this project?
- When do I need to make my first payment to you and how much?
- Can I see/review the invoices for what we’re being charged – including subs and materials?
- What is the markup or fee structure you require?
- Can I be the general contractor and just pay you to consult me?
These are just a few of the questions you should ask. The more you know about the contractor you’re going to hire, the better! If you’re good at project management, have an eye for detail and effective communication skills then why not cut out the middleman and build your custom home as an Owner-Builder?
Build what YOU want! Be the builder. Let HomeWrights show you how!
Build EXACTLY What You Want!
See a HomeWrights office in: Boulder, Colorado Springs, Denver, and Pueblo. Whether you’re taking advantage of our Owner-Builder process or our Turnkey approach to building your custom home, you’ll have much more control on every aspect of your new home when you work with HomeWrights Custom Homes.
Call us with any questions and we’ll help you discover the best building strategy for your dream home!
Call with any questions: 303-756-8870
We have representatives in Boulder, Colorado Springs, Denver, Fort Collins, and Pueblo areas. We’re happy to meet at your home, our office, or virtually.